Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Puppy Love?

I always wanted to be a blogger but just couldn't find the right topic to work on. But a change of events that started on 11 April 2009 and and turning a dream to reality the next day start it all.

I'm a soon to be grandpapa. Why meddling in this kind of stuff? I should be writing on politics, economy or any other adult stuff! What the heck, thousands or hundreds of thousands are writing on that. Grandpapa or not, most of us or you out there had gone through some kind of puppy love. Of course, many didn't get to turn to a dog. My 3rd daughter gonna make it a reality, Insya'Allah. I'm gonna wed her come this December with a guy that she was involved since 16. Call it partial puppy love!

I've never been able to delete mine out of the memory. Yes, it's been more than 40 years, but still as fresh as this morning's nasi lemak. Nasi lemak? Yes, nasi lemak. The sweetness and aroma of steam ice, the bitter sambal, the chewy ikan bilis and the delicate boiled egg (it's delicate as the makcik only includes a tiny weeny quarter of it). And the wrapping of newspaper and coconut leaf does not help much. A slip off your hand, spells bye bye.

Yes, all this fourty years, my 'puppy' was always in mind In fact she's in my wish list, to get in touch, to check what had really happened, why we didn't make it, was it my fault or hers. After all, we were together from early teen to young adult. Young adult? Not really, but I thought I was matured enough to decide who's best for my future kids.

4 comments:

  1. I am ur follower now-first one to enroll.
    congratulations to u. keep up with ur journal..hoping to read more frm ur page..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks gang, this grandpapa just started to crawl

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's an old song that says, "We're older but no wiser"
    How true. We've moved from one phase to another but basically we are the same person inside. When we look at ourselves in the mirror, we are looking into a realm created by this inner self rather than the actual physical self that others might view.

    We dream on and in dreams the timescale is far removed from the unstoppable movements of the real clock. So we dream on - partly to make life more tolerable. And this dream will occasionally spillover onto our real. Well.. it makes our life more colourful.

    Let's live and dream. Let's live the dream. Life is short. Let's stretch it with our dreams. Grandpa, grandma, whatever.. dream is cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gang for not diagnosing me as a crazy grandpapa. You should know, you're a doctor!

    ReplyDelete